Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"You don't like flies...?"

That was Cai's question when halfway through lunch, Oshean found a dead fly in his Hollandaise sauce.
This was at a Smitty's Restaurant here in St.Paul.

Yuck, right?
This was probably our first visit to this place in 7 years (I used to take Rea there for pancakes when we first moved here, and pancakes were such a novelty to us newly-arrived South Africans at the time).

But I digress.
Dead fly in the Hollandaise sauce
God-awful Hollandaise I should add, as well.

Can't help but wonder what happened in the half that he had already eaten.

3 comments:

Roslyn said...

Oh, ick. I have had several bad encounters at one particular Smitty's restaurant here in Edmonton, primarily with customer service, or lack thereof. I refuse to ever eat there again.

Patti said...

Yup, same here... ours, Grande Prairie!

NASTY, just plain NASTY!!

I bet that has turned Osh off Hollandaise sauce eh?:)

Sasha Farina said...

*shivers* yuck!!! eeewww... .