Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's been a while since I've been here.
Not a whole lot going on.
The weather has turned icy, snowy and very very cold.

But I've been reading this:



There's been a lot of hype over this book for a long time now...here in North America, anyway.
I know my friends and family in S.A and the U.K havn't quite been swept up in the "Twilight" hysteria yet.

I was a bit dubious about reading this after hearing the raves and the "read it from cover to cover in one entire night" reviews.
Really I was dubious.

Then I started it.
And by night three I was still around page 30- something.
Not that it wasn't interesting.
It started slow, and I was exhausted.

But then it picked up, and I have to say I love the way Meyer writes.
She is a magician with the pen (or keyboard, in this case)
It's not so much the unusal storyline which has me gripped in it's icy-hot clutches.
It's the way she writes words...
You know what I mean?

Her words are delicious... they're lush and rich and melodic.
Honestly she could be writing about a grazing herd of cows and I'd be riveted.
It's a fabulous book.

3 comments:

Kim Watson said...

hey L, I have been hearing about it over the blog waves for months....& you are right, it hasn't 'arrived' here yet.
I might read it when it comes...sounds a bit like a suped up Mills & Boon though~ heehee!

I know I should duck right about now, hey? Fro fear of flying objects :o)

Anonymous said...

I have yet to give in to the masses with regard to this series. Sticking to my good ole Jane Austen's at the moment!

Tara said...

I have read all 4 and now call my husband "Edward"!!! LOL!! Enjoy them and if you want to borrow the next 3 you know where I live!!!