Thursday, September 17, 2009


Kerseni and I, looking rad and fab in Durban, South Africa - July 2009

I realise that I've been very slack on keeping up my blog for a while.
In fact, some days, I think about just forgetting about it altogether.

Then I talk to someone (usually a friend or family member) who mentions that they love reading it, seeing the pics and keeping up with my scrappy stuff.

Then I come back to it.
Like now :)

Life has gotten so busy lately.
Since we got back from South Africa, we have decided to make some major changes in our lives. The trip was a huge wake-up call.We saw the life we could have had, and realised that we were leading lives that fell so short of what we want, what we grew up with, and what we want our children to experience.

So we've been making changes.
And it has been exhausting.

School started 3 weeks ago and getting into the routine of making lunches, packing snacks, over-seeing homework e.t.c has been challenging. The boys are home with me, and since they're not T.V fiends, they need to be occupied every. single. minute.

I havn't had a whole lotta "ME" time lately.And I've been feeling and looking pretty neglected.
Hopefully that'll change once the help we're hiring gets here in a week and a half.

Okay, gotta scoot...started a new tradition of baking from scratch on a Thursday :)

2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Hey my friend...I hope you are still keeping all the balls in the air. You seem to have a very busy life right now.

So glad you enjoyed your time in Durbs...no place like SA.

Patti said...

Change,..... is a good thing! :)